Can you can use your own vehicle for the Road Skills Test?
A vehicle for the road test must meet all of these requirements:
- Proof of current liability insurance (in paper format only – proof via smart
phone will not be accepted) for the vehicle to be used for the road test.
- Current registration sticker.
- Current inspection sticker (not required if you are borrowing the vehicle and it is
properly registered in a state that does not require a sticker).
- Two license plates with the front plate attached to the bumper (not
required if you are borrowing the vehicle and it is properly registered in a
state that does not require two plates).
- ALL brake lights must work.
- No unusual mechanical issues (such as having doors that do not
open from inside or outside the vehicle – this will result in failure of
the vehicle inspection).
- All of the vehicle safety requirements described at Driving Test
If your vehicle does not meet these requirements, provide a vehicle that does or
use the Driving School vehicle, for a fee.
If you use a rental vehicle for the test, the person taking the driving test must be listed on the
rental agreement as an authorized driver. You must show proof that the rental vehicle is
covered by liability insurance either by accepting the liability damage waiver when you rent the
vehicle or by showing proof that your personal auto liability insurance covers rental vehicles.
NO additional passengers (this includes infants, children, family members and / or
friends) will be allowed in the vehicle during the driving test.